Building & Sewage Permit Information

BEFORE YOU APPLY: We suggest that you sit down with your contractor or architect and discuss just exactly what your building plans are. You or your contractor or architect must prepare a set of plans or drawings indicating exactly what you are planning to build. It is very important that these plans contain all the required details when submitting them to Jones Township for review. Incomplete plans can add weeks or even months to getting your Permit Application approved.  

The Township requires a valid Sewage and a PA Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Building Permit prior to the installation or construction of any dwelling, including mobile homes, or other structures utilized as a recreational cabin.        

 In some instances, a State Highway Occupancy Permit must be obtained from PennDOT prior to constructing a new driveway entrance to a state maintained road.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Building sites for new or replacement dwellings to be served by an existing individual onlot sewage disposal (septic) systems, including privies and holding tanks, must be tested, field verified and approved by the municipal Sewage Enforcement Officer PRIOR to making an application for a Building Permit. For information concerning existing septic systems, please click here.

Building Code & Sewage Enforcement Officer: Russ Braun
Phone: (814) 929-5138 

All codes, permit applications, and guidelines are subject to change.